Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

How do you prevent coworkers from trying to get personal and/or flirting or getting to know you on the clock?

I work in retail btw.

Recently a very charming guy kept asking me questions like what my fave food is. And he would pay so much attention to me. It turned into me feeling like I was on a date...at work. This isnt the first time Ive felt that way. Cause people like to come up to you and try to ask person q's like where i live, what i do for fun, about my family... Sometimes ive managed to shut it down and not give answers.but sometimes i faield to do so and now for instance i have to pay the price of getting too close to his guy.

I wish i didnt waste my time giggling at work wth him.

Hes' hitting on you. Simply respond that we like this and we like that - make it obvious you are not unattached. Even if you are.

If you wish you didn't do this, then don't do it. Nobody can "not do it" on your behalf.

Don't accept food or gifts from these people and let it be known in casual conversation that you have a rule against dating those you work with. 

Try telling Prince Charming that you wished that he would leave you alone and that you are not working there to make friends.