Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 month ago

Is it true that women’s skulls are thicker than men’s ?

As a woman I don’t think my skull is thick/depth like most other woman, could this make me look like a man? 

On the internet it says 

‘The average skull thickness for men is 6.5 millimeters, and the average for women is 7.1 mm. The average front-to-back measurement is 176 mm for men and 171 mm for women, and the average width is 145 mm for men and 140 mm for women.22 Jan 2008’

3 Answers

Relevance
  • D50
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Given that the practice of wife-beating must go way back in prehistory, it makes sense that thicker-skulled women survive better and bear more children than those who are more easily killed by their mate's battering.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You cannot tell how thick your skull is unless you go through some expensive medical imaging, such as CT scans. Don't worry about something you have no control over. You can control how strong your bones are by making sure you get enough vitamin D, calcium in your diet and that you do weight-bearing exercises (such as lifting weights or walking up stairs). Getting enough calcium will mean you have less chance of suffering osteoporosis when you become a senior citizen. If and when you have children, the developing fetus requires a lot of calcium, and your body may be negatively affected if you do not have enough calcium stored in your bones.

• 1 month ago

How would bone thickness be seen by anyone not looking at your x-ray?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.