Can somebody give a step by step direction to have a non numbered cover page 3 roman numeral pages and a fresh set of number pages at?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Didn't someone already tell you to put in section breaks? Exactly how you do that depends on which version of Word you're using. In mine, under "Insert" from the top menu, I can choose "Break" and "Section Break". Then for each section, you go to Insert, Page numbers.

If you don't want to do that and you're going to print this paper out, just make three separate documents. 

• 2 months ago

Do it manually.

Position a text box to wherever you want it on the second page and fill it with I.Then copy it and paste it on the next page, changing the numeral to II.Copying and pasting ensures that each text box is located in exactly the same spot on each page.

---------------

If you want the numbered pages to have their numbers in the same place, just keep on pasting the same box over and over, not forgetting to advance the numbers.

But if you want the Introduction pages (I, II, and III) to be numbered at the bottom center, you might want the main body pages to be numbered at the top or bottom right.

In that case, start a new text box and position it to wherever you want it, and enter its number as 1.

Then copy it and paste it on the next page, numbering that as 2.

You don't need to copy after the first time. Just keep on pasting.

Unless you have a really high page count, this is easier and faster than fiddling with the program for fancy numbering.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.