Anonymous

Do you believe Trump paid someone to take his SATs?

According to his niece's new book, Dump paid someone to take his SATs. I knew he was too stupid to get into an Ivy League school. https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/politics/mary-trump...

• Isabel

Back then, it was easier to get into Wharton than it is today.  Family lore can be slightly inaccurate.  However, if he did cheat, it makes sense that his siblings would have known about it.  So yeah, I believe it.

completely. he's in no way smart enough to get high enough scores to get into an ivy.

I don't really care about what test Trump may have cheated on 50 years ago. If I did care I would study it and come to my own conclusion based on the facts. I just don't care enough to look into it. Didn't Obama claim to be a foreign exchanges student to get accepted into Harvard?

I-believe-that-it-is-possible.-It-is-also-possible-that-he-hired-someone-to-write-his-papers-for-him.-Trump-and-his-father-were-used-to-working-the-system-to-their-advantage-in-any-way-possible,-legal,-ethical-or-not.

If he took SAT's I'm almost sure someone else took them for him, but I don;t care.

You're forgetting that Trump was admitted to Wharton as a transfer student, not directly from high school. 

As a junior-year transfer, SATs were probably not important, if they were even considered (his Wharton interview was with a friend of his brother).

If he *had* gotten someone to take his SATs for him, you'd think he'd have started out somewhere more competitive than Fordham (which, at the time, had a very high admissions rate). 

• fcas80

It is definitely something I think he would do.  However, unless the participant comes forward, then it is hearsay.

• John

If a respected journalist like Bob Woodward said he did, I would put a great deal of belief in that.  Coming from a disgruntled family member, however, its 50-50.  

After a scandal in Long Island some time ago (but well after Trump went to college) the College Board introduced some controls regarding identity.  While the new internal controls made having a proxy take the exam more difficult, it would still be possible to do so.  As seen in the recent college admissions scandal, nowadays some cheaters lie to take advantage of accommodations intended for the handicapped. 

• D50

It's plausible enough. I'd like to see evidence (maybe I should her book?) before saying "I believe it".

i very much believes so.

The College Board is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization that connects students to college success and opportunity. Founded in 1900, the College Board was created to expand access to higher education.