cry asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Is it normal to hate your step dad? ?

My real dad died this summer my mom told me late just so I wouldn’t go to the funeral. I was very angry and upset and just needed my space but  however her and her boyfriends  been home more everyday home being in my business and I absolutely hate it.. he just thinks that he’s my father and he’s not so does my mom.. everybody paints my step dad out to be “so perfect “ but I never liked him.. just his presence makes me so mad.. I’m definitely moving out at the end of the summer.. they are moving too and think that I’m coming with them but they have no idea.. I would rather be homeless than live with them again never having any space or privacy...overal is this bad??

depends on why you hate him, if hes being abusive call cps and if youre older move out

You're twenty something years old.  Why are you still living with mommy?  It's time to move out.

There is nothing wrong with expressing your feelings, respectfully, to your mom and step dad.  Needing space after losing a parent seems like a natural thing.

I'm a little confused by your mom telling you late about your dad's death just so you wouldn't go to the funeral.  Seems like there is more to this story, there always is.There could be reasons why you feel the way about your stepdad that have nothing to do with him personally, rather what he represents to you.  Only you know the answer.

In the meantime, talk to them about the space/privacy issue.  Its a reasonable request, just remember to request it reasonably.

How well did you know your real dad? 

I lost mine when still a teenager and sometimes wish my mom had remarried (to help with 

the emotional and physical grief) however am glad she hasn't settled down with just anyone.

Have you spoken to friends about what you're feeling? Homelessness is def not the solution.