Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Do you have enough faith to believe in evolution and big bang?

• Ted K

Neither of those requires any more faith than it takes to "believe" in water.

Evolution is a device to deny God and sin, nothing more.

As such it is a deliberate lie, so no "faith" required at all.

The faith required to believe in evolution is not much more than that needed to believe in the external world and other minds.  Regarding the Big Bang, the problem is that time is eternal and the probability of existing within a finite period of time since the beginning is zero.  This is slightly alleviated by the idea that time might run in two directions from the Big Bang, so maybe I do, yes.

• Caesar

Evolution is a working biology theory, and the Big Bang theory is a cosmological model that describes how the universe expanded from an initial state of very high density and high temperature, and offers a comprehensive explanation for a broad range of observed phenomena, including the abundance of light elements, the cosmic microwave background (CMB) radiation, large-scale structure, and Hubble's law... from Physical cosmology.  Biology and Cosmology are science, science is nothing about faith or about theism or atheism...  the majority of theist understand how scientists work, but some people need to pray more for scientific knowledge or read more science books if pray, as usual, doesn't work. 

Anyone has the right to believe in anything. I total believe in Jesus and what he stands for. God spoke and it was good. Thinking on it I guess you can say his voice had to be a big bang to start something so mass. As for evolution well we have changed over time, we have adapted but that is adaptation.  

Anyway in a 1000 years from now people will think we are both crazy. If we make it and not destroy ourselves.

• Kevin

Neither are accurate. God created the heavens and the earth. He also created all of the animals and the first man and woman. I have faith to believe in God and that he is the creator of all animals and living things. He also created heaven and earth and all of the stars and planets in the galaxy and beyond

It's not hard to trust something that is actually backed by evidence. The alternate is not Gods, since there is nothing to grant "rational" faith. You might as well desire magical fairies as Creators.

From HEAVEN the FATHER provided his Sons a capsule, about the size of a nickel, containing everything needed to make these universes. It's called the BIG BANG because of the appearance of a pattern which seemingly developed; it may not have been a bang after all. It may have simply expanded over billions of years.  

It's a huge failing of mine.  I believe in confirmable, empirical evidence.  And I know that the God I don't believe in is therefore going to condemn me to eternal suffering in the hell I don't believe in.  God hates empirical evidence.

• Paul

Science doesn't rely on "belief". It relies totally on evidence. And the supporting evidence for biological evolution is overwhelming, literally millions of pieces of clear evidence that demonstrate the process step by step. It's sad when some manmade religion requires its members to reject reality when it conflicts with their misinterpretations of the Bible. Jesus Christ founded one Church, said it was to remain one, and promised that one Church the fullness of God's truth until the end of time. Which is why the teaching of that one Church (which includes well over half of all Christians) never conflicts with natural truths revealed by science. Truth cannot conflict with truth.

born again Christian biologist