If people want to sell online, shouldn't they be willing to deliver?

I saw an item for sale on a regional online selling site. I inquired about it and asked if the seller would bring it to me. He/she refused replying that if I want it I have to come to them. Why should I have to make a 60 mile round trip and then find out it was not to my liking or had a defect. I say if they want to sell, they should be willing to deliver.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Isabel
    Lv 4
    4 months ago
    Favourite answer

Not everyone can afford to deliver.  If delivery is important to you, I suggest you consider that when you price-hunt.

• 3 months ago

Yes but it is case to case basis. If the seller is near to the client then He/she will deliver it but if the seller live miles away from the client then they must need a courier and both parties must agree.

• 4 months ago

Bull crap. Sellers who place goods on line are doing exactly what online sales are supposed to do--selling,  Sales do not automatically include delivery. 

• 4 months ago

No.  Why should the seller have to make a 60 mile round trip and then find out that you didn't want it or didn't have the money?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • F
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Sometimes the postage for items costs nearly as much the selling price, especially low cost bulky items. Self delivery costs even more unless you are in the same town. 

At least you read the ad and enquired before buying.

I sold an item 6 times ( and refunded  6 times) on a collection only item despite extremely long and clear explanation that it was collection only .

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Because there are other sellers who do not have PRIME. 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

No, if you want it come and get it.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

"Why should I have to make a 60 mile round trip and then find out it was not to my liking"    You don't have to.    You can shop elsewhere.

"I say if they want to sell, they should be willing to deliver."   You're not asking them to deliver.   You're asking them to bring the item to you to decide whether you want to buy it or not.When you order clothes from Target, do they bring the entire jeans section so you can decide if you want to buy or not?    No. 

No stores or sellers are obligated to deliver.   You decide where you want to shop.  

You win the Self-Entitled Snowflake of the Day Award.

• 4 months ago

The realities of the real world do not require them to deliver it to you.  If you want it,  go get it. 

• David
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

People who want products delivered need to be willing to pay delivery charge.  Go there in person ifyou want to check it out first.  60 mile round trip?  I commute longer to work than that every day!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.