Does anyone make a kitchen knife that has a small hole at the tip for hanging on a hook?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • elhigh
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

I've never seen such.  Generally you don't want to hang a knife, you want it secured in such a way that you cannot accidentally encounter the sharp edge.  That's why you sometimes see magnetic knife holders; the blades are snug against the surface and touching it is extremely difficult to do accidentally.

• 4 weeks ago

Maybe, at one point in time but not any longer. Hanging a knife with a hook by the blade is dangerous. Misjudgment when removing the knife from the hook or using the wrong style hook can result in a knife that takes flight and ends up drawing blood. Not to mention, repeated sharpening will eventually wear into the hole and render it useless. If you must hang a knife, look into magnetic knife racks. Quality knifes will be made out of 400 series stainless which is magnetic while high quality knifes will be made out of high carbon steel. 

• 4 weeks ago

my cleaver does, but that's one of the few i've seen.  maybe a fish scaling knife somewhere, too.  you get the same effect with a bar magnet .. it's like 16 inches long and under $10 at Harbor Freight.

• 4 weeks ago

Professional grade knives have such holes in the HANDLE.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

There are plenty of knives with holes in the blade.  Not sure they're for hanging, but they could be used like that.  Just do a google search on 'kitchen knife with hole in blade'.

• 4 weeks ago

Just drill a hole in it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.