Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 1 month ago

how can a student journalist write for bigger publications?

hi everyone, im a senior editor for my college newspaper and have been publishing for the past 2 years now. since im not a journalism major, I really want to get some more writing experience and one of things I was hoping to do this summer was write a story in one of the big newspapers or magazines (New York Times, Wall Street journal, nbc, etc). I have article ideas and also wouldn't mind writing on topics that others would want me to write about. so I was wondering, how does someone go about getting their work published or finding places that would be willing to have students write? and are articles that I have written for my student publication enough? Im not sure if its worth mentioning but I go to a university that's well known and pretty highly reputable but I personally havent interned at a paper or anything.

Newspapers are a dying industry. It’s like you want to be stage coach driver but the car has already been invented.

Quit college now before you waste more money and if you want to write then do it now online.

• Tasm

If you like to write, there are tons of gigs floating around the internet. You could make a lot of money on Fiverr and other sites.