spin asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 4 weeks ago

How would you define happiness?

How would you define happiness? What does happiness mean to you?

Happiness is a feeling that cannot be bought with money, position and relationships.

As a man, I would say it would be avoiding “committed” relationships with American females, because they have mostly ruined my life and taken away my money, health, happiness and freedom. It’s too late for me to undo the damage now, at my age, but if I could do it all over again I would be very very very careful about the women I got involved with. Would just try to have maybe short serial relationships

but NOT get into long term monogamous, “exclusive” relationships. Just wasn’t the way to go for me personally. 

To be with the people that understand me the best.

That would be the animals I know and care for.

Ah yes, and to live without fear from the 2 legged people.

• Prince

You never drove Peter Angle from my memory, caused my mother's pancreatic cancer, murdered Jamie or set up the baby bird not to be warmed or given food or water, and were not evil as ye well know that you are. Then the Coronavirus with all its knobs and horns and crowns would not have you lying weak and unable to move til ye follow the Beast into the Lake of Fire. Happiness would require that you were better than you are. 

The sum total of the fulfillment of my needs and desires. H=Fln+Fld

• Liz

A measure of happiness comes when we recognize our spiritual need and do something about it. Jehovah God knows our makeup and what will make us truly happy. He knows why he put man on the earth and what the future holds, and he shares that information with us in the Bible. What he reveals in that inspired book strikes a responsive chord in rightly disposed individuals and inspires happiness. (Luke 10:21; John 8:32)

It's not a matter of defining.  It is a particular emotional state that you either feel or you don't.  Real question is, how do I attain that?  Answer to THAT is 1) authentic love with another person, and 2) decent behavior.

To me, happiness = Elation, satisfaction, and fulfillment. 

• j153e

In terms that Socrates, Aristotle, Maslow, and Seligman characterized it.  Also, would note that a believer's happiness ought not be unequally yoked with that of a more carnally-minded individual.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/positive...

• Jesere

Happiness is a Choice....And quite subjective