What are the preparations to become a life scientist?

You need to be able to run a mile in under 10 minutes, have a college degree, and be able to spell difficult words.

• Learn to be one with life.

Nurture skepticism, humility and curiosity.

I include humility,

because a scientist's highest goal

is to discover their own errors.

Study every aspect of nature

you can manage to study.

Do as much of your own observations as possible.

Don't just study science textbooks.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

Make sure that’s what you want to do. Science, engineering, programming and law are extremely romanticized by movies and successful professionals (which isn’t necessary a bad thing). However, the reality is those fields are very hard, and require lots of hard tedious work. Originally I was an EE student and realized that circuit analysis, electromagnetism and other relevant subjects are incredibly boring. The real thing sucked. I love programming though, it just has always clicked since I took java classes in high school. But a lot of people end up hating that field as well. I did like my digital circuit and logics classes though. But the analog stuff is a nightmare. I am currently am a CS student and can’t get enough. 

• Wundt

Most science careers require at least a Masters degree from an accredited university.

• Jea

Education.  Lots of education.

College level education, and basic critical thinking skills.

Of course, once you get the degree, you can just wave it around while saying whatever you want. T-Rex ate plants? Sure. The moon is very dusty? Definitely.

Real scientists tend to be the people who are, y'know, doing science, though. Not bending it to fit their agenda. ANY agenda.

Learn to be one with God.