Why are people so rude to me and won't tell me their name?

I joined a gym a people usually walk away when I say hi. I hate the members at my gym. They're not good people. At all. They're so rude stuck up and shallow. Everytime I say hi how are you they ignore me. Even if I ask them for their name I get zero response. People are idiots. 

you're their to work out, not socialize

They're there to work out not to socialize. 

Judging by your other questions this seems to be a theme for you.  My first reaction looking over your history would be to say something snarky and in real life I'd do my best to avoid you, but seeing the overall theme I do feel a little sorry for you.  You can't read people at all, can you?  I mean this is stuff that kindergarteners struggle to get right and their parents and teachers and the recess attendants try to referee them in the right direction and eventually most kids get the hang of observing what kind of interaction the other person is open to, or at least what they're definitely not open to.  

Have you ever heard the term "mind-blindness" before?  I'd take that gym money and spend it on a therapist who has who can point you in the right direction for adult support because most online resources are directed at parents to help guide children with this problem and somehow I don't think you will tolerate playing with puppets.  It can't be cured but you can rote learn better meaning less frustration and hopefully less anger.

First of all, your statement 'people are idiots' is a broad, generalized statement, and what evidence do you have which would suggest the  gym members are not good people or shallow on some level?  You are making this assumption simply because no one is talking with you.  People not interacting with you, may not meet your expectation of others but this does not negate their individual choices.  Remember, gym attendees are not obliged to talk with anyone as many go to the gym for a workout, not to chat or socialize.  Additionally, it would be quite common for people not to share their name (or any personal detail) with a stranger.  If you are looking for some casual conversation, go your local cafe of join a community group.

First off, are they wearing headphones? If they're listening to music, they might not even hear you. Secondly, most people go to the gym solely to work out and are not interested in making small talk with strangers. However, if they had any manners they would at least reply "fine, thank you". They're not obligated to tell you their name.

Some people go to the gym before going to work, so don't have the time to chat. They just want to exercise and move on.  With others, this takes time. Just smile and nod your head and keep walking. Maybe if you attended the gym later in the day when there are different type of gym users there?

theyre probably rude to everybody

• i  never  say  a  word  to  anyone … even  at  my  work-place … consider  yourself  lucky.

It's a world of flesh, what do you expect  -  And people don't generally to gyms to talk - They peep at your groin and look at your shoes - Then they bring thier whole family in to set you up. - Forever if your not careful.

• Orla

Find a good gym with good people if you can. They are out there.