Kids on Graveyard Shift?

My wife and I work nightshifts from 9pm to 6am. Since then our kids do not go to sleep at night anymore. They wait for us to finish our shift and then sleep with us. So we sleep most of the time from 7am to 4pm. My question is, is it bad for my kids to sleep during day and be awake at night? My kids are 6 and 4 years old. Thanks!

• Andy C

Ultimately,  yes, but temporarily,  no.  It just depends on how long this goes on for.  It sets up your kids for depression and having a sleep disorder. 

Get someone to sit them overnight or change your schedules. 

I myself work 3rd shift and my doctor has told me that it can actually lead to many health problems/ conditions so I would recommend trying to get them back on a normal sleep schedule. 

I am a little concerned about the fact that you are leaving a 4- and 6-year-old by themselves overnight. Even during the day that's a little sketchy, but overnight seems downright dangerous.