Can I collect UI benefits?

I worked at the same job for 4.5 years, quit to take a new job. Went thru required, unpaid training for 2 months, got licensed, worked 1 day, and everyone was furloughed because of mandated COVID closings. 

From my understanding of unemployment during pandemic, you should be qualified. You’re furloughed due to COVID-19. It shouldn’t matter if your worked one day and got paid or not. Good luck!

• Judy

Probably can,  Apply and find out.

If you actually got paid/earned income for that single day, I suppose you would qualify.

However, let's dig deeper.

If you are an employee, you are required to be paid for training - insurance, real estate = companies may sponsor you while you get your license but you aren't an employee of those companies which allows them to provide unpaid training.

If it was illegal for them to not pay you during training, then you file a claim against that company for that and the rest, including unemployment falls into line.

If this new career is an independent contractor position and you are paid based on sales = then no, because you lost your income due to changing careers not due to covid. 

Without knowing what country's UI you are covered for, there is no way to even guess.