How do I get someone IP address and turn it into an address?

I use a Mac and I want to learn how to get someones address from an IP address. I also want to know where to get someones IP address.

You can't. At best you can get the city of their IP address, and even that isn't always static.

When I Googled my own ip address a few different towns came up.

All ISP allocate a "variable" IP to their clients!  You CANNOT have a physical address of a user using his/her IP address, UNLESS you are of the law enforcement!

And, NO, as it is shown in the movies, you CANNOT get a physical address with just an IP!  You will get a "general area" that can be just a country!

WHAT? Do you have any clue as to that you are asking? CLEARLY NOT. IP address are not PHYSICAL ADDRESSES. They usually are sometimes referenced to some form of simplified area of where the address MIGHT BE.

• Lv 7

an IP won't get you a person's physical address. it will get you the physical address of their internet provider.

That kind of information usually takes a court order to one of the service providers and might take months to process if the provider is really a staunch privacy-rights supporter.  Basically, for Joe Average Citizen, this is going to be close to impossible.  Certainly at the level of highly improbable.

not happening.  IP addresses are assigned by the ISP and they guard the real addresses of their customers closely.

you don't 

unless you are in a law enforcement agency or illegal access the ISP records

• keerok

A remote computer, used by someone, would have to present its IP address to a server it accesses in the internet. That IP address would most probably be that someone's ISP's IP address. To get the exact IP address of that someone, you'll have to ask his ISP for their records which includes contact information and address of that someone, their client. With privacy laws getting stricter and stricter these days, nothing short of a police warrant or a judge's summons will get you that information.

You need to get a warrant to get the information from their ISP.  Your lawyer can advise you how to do this if it's for a criminal or civil investigation.

Just call 911 and explain the situation to them.