Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Why has mask wearing turned people into such nasty individuals?

For the record, I do carry a mask with me. However, I cannot wear one. I have tried over and over again and 1 or 2 minutes in my body can't really take it. Moreover, I just go to the store during down time such as early am or later at night. This way I don't have to wear a mask. I understand why the mask orders around the country have been implemented. I do not agree with them. However, at the moment, it is what it is. 

I have noticed the debate surrounding masks has turned really nasty here in the states. It's sad really. I think a lot of people are being too judgmental of those who aren't wearing a mask. You know, assuming they are doing it because of a political reason. But in reality they likely do have a legitimate reason such as I. 

But why has this turned into such a hot issue? I have seen countless videos posted of people confronting those not wearing masks, and the non mask wearer loses their mind and throws a temper tantrum. 

I think that's a legitimate concern, mustagme. A lot of Americans don't like government telling us what to do. 

I'm 6'0 and 205

Freedoms >>> fears .

Not enough oxygen getting to the brain...

• Cee

Some people are jerks... Get used to it.

• RICK

Those that refuse hate their fellow man

Not on my part of the world.

• y

Specifically what or why can't you wear one? I have chronic respiratory issues as well as asthma, I can still wear one.Curious what your actual medical diagnoses is that prevents you from wearing one.

The mask wearing does not protect the individual, it protects others. The droplets that spread the virus are caught by the mask one is wearing as opposed to spreading them out. The masks do not filter small enough to actually keep the virus out when inhaling.

• Scott

When you walk into a home improvement store and everyone is wearing a mask except for one young and healthy looking guy, it makes you wonder what his problem is.