Is it ok to eat tuna pasta that hasn't been in the fridge.?

I am looking for ideas for food that I can make to take with me for lunch while I am at work. I dont have access to a fridge while I'mat work. If I make tuna and mayo pasta at about 8 o'clock in the morning, will it be ok to eat at about 1 o'clock in the afternoon?

Tuna comes in a can on a shelf no where next to a fridge, Mayo is on a shelf next to the Salad dressings.

If you open the tin and eat it within 12 hours, you are all good.

I would buy some ice deals to keep it cold, just cause I like food cold, but not going to kill you.

You will be Fine.

I would not do this, nothing with mayo for hours like that.

I have a coworker who for 10 years always had a cooler in his van with his lunch.  I always thought that was odd because we have a big fridge, but it was his routine.

It SHOULD be okay--but you may be risking it a little--if you keep it in a cooler-bag with a blue-ice insert

instead, it will stay cool a lot longer and there should not be any risk at all. 

I wouldn't bother, just to be on the safe side

• denise

If you pack it well, yes, overwrap your 'tupperware' with some foil and keep it somewhere shaded or dark.

Why not invest in a cool bag for your lunch items?

Can you put a juice box or a bottle of water in the freezer the night before and use that as an ice pack for your lunch. Should keep it pretty cold if you have an insulated pack. 

Make the pasta with tuna the night before, so it is already fully chilled in the morning. Then  use ice packs in your bagged lunch to keep it as cold as can be by lunch time. Even an insulated lunch bag with ice in a zip lock bag would do.

• kswck2

Not with the Mayo in it it won't

buy a hot and cold ba g 

• Bort

Don't take the risk. Food poisoning usually isn't fatal but it's definitely not fun. Take a small cooler with you to work. If you don't have ice packs fill a ziploc bag or air-tight tuperware container half way with water and freeze it over night, or just fill a ziploc bag with ice for the cooler before you leave. 

Tip: Frozen water expands, because it's ice (a solid) is more dense than liquid. Don't fill a bag or tuperware container all the way up. Only half way. If you fill a bag or container all the way up with liquid and then freeze it when the ice forms the seals will bust open. Leave room for expansion in the bag or container. You don't need a crap load of ice 2 sandwich bags on either size of the food container should be plenty. 

Fill a ziploc bag half way with water and lay it flat to freeze it so it's a nice, thin, regular, easily-packed, shape when it's frozen.