Taken carpet up and dark stain?

In my new house I've taken carpet up on underlay and seen dark stain in door way. Could it be blood/murder scene? 

Google your address. If there was a murder committed in your house, it was likely a newsworthy event. But  if the body was never discovered  you may want to check if the basement slab was tampered with and used for a grave site. This may explain ghostly happenings in your house.

Seriously now, it is most likely a water or pet urine stain.

I went to Florida for two weeks and left the husband home with the kids and the cat to take care of. Because the litter box was not cleaned once and the dirty laundry was piled up in front of the laundry room door, the cat decided to pee on the laundry.

The wood floor ended up being stained from the cat urine. I sanded the area and soaked a bleach soaked towel over the area  let it dry out and sanded again. There was still faint discoloration, so I got some tan paint and wiped the floor, leaving just a small amount of color behind. It blended well with the floor. I then applied polyurethane and now you can hardly notice it.

Chupacabra most probably.

It's far more likely that it's water damage, food residue damage, or pet urine damage. About 99% more likely, in fact.

By the way--if there had been a murder in your house, it's the law that it is supposed to be disclosed by the seller. 

• drip

Or water or coffee or pet urine. 

IT is possible, but doubtful as the realtor would have disclosed that at the time of the sale.  Suggest you contact a repair man and let him decide what it  is.

At an exterior door?  I'd assume that at some point water leaked in from outside and would hope that the original problem has been ressolved.

Sure.  more likely a dog peed there  but go ahead and have your fantasy

It could be. It could also not be.

• A

most likely it is from pet urine or feces

• elhigh

That's very doubtful.  Instead of assuming something dreadful, why not consider something a lot less exciting but a lot more likely, like spilled wine, hair dye, etc.