Lamb vs Pork?

I am going to be cooking an Indian dish that calls for lamb but I’m substituting pork loin in place. I know I will have to cook it differently, but I’m wondering how long I’ll have to marinate the pork if the lamb would take 2-4 hours. 

pork.........15

If the cut of lamb called for is the same cut you are using you do not need to change anything.  If you are using a more tender, leaner piece of meat than what the recipe calls for you cook time and the length of time you marinate the meat could be reduced. 

(A leg of lamb is tougher and has different muscle groups and more connective tissue  so it would take longer than a loin that has just 1 single muscle and no or little fat and no sinew, and if you are using a tenderloin the cook time would be drastically reduced)

why would you have to cook it differently? I would just follow the recipe as is, just switching out the meat, thats all. there is no earthly reason to have to treat the pork any differently than the lamb.

• CB
  • kswck2

Pork and chicken are dense meats so they don't take to marinade very quickly. I would say try marinating it about 4-6 hours.