Josh asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

is it dangerous to eat raw pizza dough ?

i recently bought one of the homemade pizza kits from the grocery store. where you mix it with water & vegetable oil. i was curious will eating it raw (mixing it uo to make it it into the actual pizza)  kill you? like pretty quick. i remember as a kid i used tastevit and it tasted goood for some reason.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Two problems might arise with eating raw or under cooked dough. 

It is more difficult to digest so you might have a bit of a stomach ache or feel bloated depending on how much you eat. 

Raw or under cooked flour has been linked to some salmonella outbreaks so if you intend on eating raw dough the flour should be heated to 160 degrees F.  Since producers of pizza dough or box mixes containing flour do not typically intend the product to be consumed raw will not heat the flour.  So you do run a small risk of getting sick from the raw flour.

• 1 month ago

It won't kill you or do you any serious, lasting harm, but it could give you stomach ache/indigestion, so I advise against for that reason.

• 1 month ago

no more dangerous than eating raw bread dough, which is nearly identical. You don't want to eat too much as you may get a belly ache.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There are dead pizza dough eaters littering the streets - not keeping up with current events again? Common sense of a turtle crossing a highway.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Will it kill you? No. It might make you sick to your stomach if you eat too much of it. 

Raw dough, especially one with raw eggs in it should never be eaten, due to possible Salmonella in the eggs. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, it wouldn't kill you.

• 1 month ago

Eating a little bit wouldn't kill you, but eating a lot would cause a massive stomachache and possibly food poisoning of some sort. It probably wouldn't kill you, but it wouldn't be fun for your stomach.

• 1 month ago

Only if it contains eggs which could carry Salmonella.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.