how heavy chicken do I need to buy for certain size of an oven?

That is what you want, that is, as much as your pocket allows and how much you can eat.And if you want to ask again, three or four kilos of chicken is enough.

Wha? Ovens hold two huge sized turkeys! 

• IvaB

Kevin,You don't buy food to fit the size of your oven (usually).Conventional kitchen ovens are pretty much a standard size.If you mean a toaster oven then you would need to consider size.You should buy according to a plan,a recipe,and your common sense right? look up some recipes for the chicken dish and the kind of oven you have,and the dish you'd like to make and you will find suggestions on what size (weight) chicken to buy.

One that would not be too big for the (unspecified) size of the mystery oven.

Four pounds....

I can cook a turkey in my toaster oven (ok a smallish one but still a turkey).

If I can do that you can cook a chicken in your oven. 

Either cut the chicken up and arrange it so it fits  the size pan you have or it should fit whole.  (A toaster oven could probably not handle a chicken done in the "Beer Can Chicken" method though)

What size pants do I need for a certain size of person?  

What is a "certain size of oven"?   WHAT IS THE DAMN SIZE?    We are not clairvoyant.

Are you referring to some kind of small toaster oven?    Who knows?   

Ovens don't require a particular “size” of chicken. Unless you have some kind of very small non-standard oven, any chicken will fit inside.

• kswck2

For a standard home oven, chickens are not big enough to tax the size. Even an oven stuffer weighing in at 8 pounds won't tax it. Or a 25 pound turkey for that matter. 

The chicken needs to have air space all around so the oven needs to be big enough to comfortably hold the chicken. The hard part is getting the chicken to squat long enough to cook through.