Hard drive data recovery?

Hello!

So a few months ago i dropped my hard drive and my dad tried fixing it himself (as a handy man does), the little hand was stuck on the disk but he accidentally broke it so the had drive will not work, however the actual disk is not damaged. Is it possible to recover data by transferring it to another drive or my computer? I would like to call someone to do it but I don't know if this is possible.

Thank you <3 

Yes, possible. Go to harddisk data recovery expert.

• Shadow

The only way to recover the data is with a recovery expert. Hard drives are hermetically sealed to prevent any particles from floating around and potentially hitting the spinning disks. The disks spin at 7200 revolutions per minute (average HDD speed) which is faster that most car engines. By opening the drive, they were exposed and would need or be cleaned by a professional. The disks would be placed in another, compatible drive but the chances of recovery are not high in the state they are currently in and would be very expensive regardless of success or failure.

Hard disk data recovery is possible as data still exist on the hard disk drive after deleting or formatting. Although the lost files still exist on the disk, you have no entry to it. That's why you need reliable HDD recovery software, like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, to access and retrieve your hard drive data.

I'm afraid the drive is stuffed and needs to be replaced. It MAY be possible for data to be forensically recovered but not by you or me. That requires a specialist with specialist equipment and would cost a fortune. And it still might not work.  Write it off and hope you have copies of your data elsewhere.

I think I am too stupid to understand why people don't backup their data, or is it the other way around. Perhaps it's the other way around!!!

All of my data that means a lot to me has already been backed up on multiple devices, so the odds of me losing my data are very low to none.

Hard drives are either suppose to be in a computer, or connected to a computer, or it can be put in different places when it's not being used, so it doesn't get damaged, or breaks. Hard drives are fragile!!!

My garbage can is maybe about 1, or 2 feet from my body, so I probably could just toss it out if I were super clumsy, and just drop something that IS NOT meant to be dropped.

My step father is a handy man, but you know what?

I would not bother asking my step father to try to fix a hard drive that I would have dropped. Because I know better. I never dropped a hard drive before. When I say never I seriously mean NEVER!!!

I have held hard drives in my hands, and I never dropped one!!!

Drive was junk after the first impact with the floor--hardly a chance of any effort to repair it.  Just get another.  And take this as a lesson about the fragility of data devices.  Save multiple copies in different ways:

--Other drives or USB data sticks or both

--DVD or CD burns

--"The Cloud" internet storage.

buy a cheap hard disk and remove the

new disk gently

put the old disk in and screw it back again

hopefully it should work

That hard drive was sealed in a white room. You opened it that hard drive is pretty much screwed! If  buy the exact same hard drive off ebay you can remove the disk and put it into a working hard drive wearing rubber gloves it won't last long but long enough for you to plug it in to the data wires boot the computer to Linux and copy your pictures music and documents to an external drive. Don't open a hard drive in a regular room one particle of dust on the platter is like a boulder in the road

If the platters are not damaged, there's a chance of recovering the data.  However, based upon your description, this will need to be done by a specialist who has a clean room.  It can't be done just by using software or replacing a logic board.  It will be expensive - several thousand dollars at the very least.

There are data recovery services that can do it, but it's very expensive.