How much trouble can you get in if pulled over without a license? South Dakota?

I am 17 and living with my parents i have obtained my drivers license through a written test about 2 years ago but have not taken the driving test yet )dont ask me why its a long depressing story) lol but anyway i want to drive withought having my parent sit with me but i tecnically cant because its just a permit but how much trouble would i get into if i was pulled over and i showed them my permit and not an actual license? The main reason i want to do this is because my parents dont wanna go with me everywhere i drive they dont have time

• May

You ask:  "how much trouble would i get into if i was pulled over and i showed them my permit and not an actual license?"

Answer:  A lot

Duh

You wouldn't be driving without a licence, you'd be driving in violation of a learner's permit.  That's a whole other thing, much more serious than driving with no licence at all.  Here's why...

If you have no licence of any kind, the prosecutor can't prove that you knew how serious the offence was when you got caught.  They might know you knew it, but knowing something isn't the same as proving it.

If you've got a learner's permit, the prosecutor can definitely prove it.  They can even quote the rules directly from the driver's handbook, the same handbook you had to read in order to pass the written test.  Breaking the law by accident or ignorance is one thing, but breaking the law on purpose is a heavier penalty in court.  And if you have a permit, the prosecutor can prove you did it knowingly.

You'd be looking at a heavy fine, a massive surcharge on your insurance for at least three years, a possible suspension of all driving privileges, and the vehicle would be towed and impounded at the owner's expense.  

Don't gamble unless you can win something.  In your situation, the best you can hope for is to not get caught, which is a tie.  You can still lose, but there's nothing you can win.  That's not a smart gamble, not smart at all.

Yeah, well that is your fault.  You (I could) do it within 2 weeks.(or 3) and it was done. Done the practical road test so that I did not have to take my parents around because of the "bush parties with my FRIENDS".

. You get caught without a full license - you also do not have valid car insurance either so the car is seized and impounded.  Ya, you need to go to impound a few times before you figure it out.

. Should you crash into another car, YOU are responsible for the accident. Meaning you will PAY for the rest of your life.

that is your choice.

I have no idea about how much prison time you get, it will be quite awhile.

So DO IT.  I DARE YOU.

You'll be even more depressed when they throw you in the cell with Bubba and he reams you a new butt hole!

• Anton

IMHO, since you cannot drive the vehicle, the officer should call for a tow and have the vehicle impounded.  You get to walk home,

Ticket most likely. Potentially the car could be towed. Possibly a 6 month suspension or delay before you could get a real license.

It's a Class 2 misdemeanor criminal offense.

You and your parents can end up in a lot of legal and financial trouble.  Are your parents wealthy ?

I'm sure South Dakota has a DMV website look there for the fines and penalties for being an unlicensed driver.😉

Their insurance premium would go through the roof, you could be denied a license for two years, they could be charged with allowing an unlicensed driver to drive.