Why did I waste my life computer programming as a hobby?

I think with so many answers people DO think programming is a possible waste of time but lack emotional maturity to come up with that. Because they work so much and Americans just work and bully all the time.

• 1 week ago

hi programming is not a joke lol i offer web programming of fivver and earn $3500 a week 

I'm interested in programming, why is it a waste of time, I kind of like programming, can you give a good reason for your wasted life on computer programming?  I barely started.

• Robert

Its not a lack of maturity that someone doesn't share your outlook on life. Its a lack of maturity to assume everyone should regret what you regret. Get over yourself. Yours is not a question. Its a rant against computer programming. 

• Steven

This is not a waste of time, you can earn money in the lack of time, no need to work whole life. 

You didn't waste it if you've been making stuff and learning things. That adds to your knowledge, and you'll be using that in the future even if you don't realize it. Getting high and playing games for those same hours would be a waste.

• Shadow

Chances are, at the time you really enjoyed it and enjoyed it so much that you made it a hobby. There are always ups and downs in everything. You just need to find a way to overcome the downs and enjoy the ups as best you can. 

You need to ask this que to your self. Then you will get more perfect answer

chemistry , chemicals, experiments, understanding and observing the behaviour at the mollecular and atomic level is awe inspiring.

id say its way way way more interesting than computer science.

i ended up doing computer science :-(

I am a trained chemist (the Doc in my name represents a PhD in chemistry) but I "fell into" a career in programming and to be honest, never regretted it.  Made enough money to be comfortable, never had to work with flammable or explosive or poisonous chemicals, never got involved in pesticide or carcinogenic chemical lawsuits.  Just bit-twiddled as needed to make things work.

But as a hobby, I can see that programming would be time-consuming and solitary and a lot of work for very little reward.

Now that I'm retired, I use some of my skills for home projects like family-tree printing or video collection databases.

• VP

Don't know.  What sort of programs did you write?