Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 2 months ago

I barely know how to use Microsoft excel. I feel retarded. Advice? ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

There are lot of free tutorial video,artical & blog etc on Social platform.

Practice make a Perfect.....

• 2 months ago

you have been how to use exeal so why feel dump . after all its not he easiest to learn. simple rule is 95% of the users use 5% of the power of word .

• 2 months ago

Then learn to use it.

• 2 months ago

Go find a book store and try the Excel for Dummies book.  That will upgrade you from "retarded" to merely "dummy."  Any upgrade is good, right?

Seriously, the "for Dummies" series shows you a lot of pictures and gives you a lot of advice on how to use features up to a pretty sophisticated level.  You could do worse, and that is one of the books that should be commonly available.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Nothing retarded about that . That's just a delusional thought in your mind. Many people don't know how to use such . 

• Lv 7
    2 months ago

you don't need to know how to do EVERYTHING in it. just fill it with text and start by trying to sort it.

eventually you can learn how to SUM 2 or more cells in a 3rd one.

hold off on functions till you are more comfortable.

there are tons of YouTube videos that can help.

• 2 months ago

Do not feel that way. I barely know anything about brain surgery, but it does not make me feel inadequate. I have not had the required education and training in that area. The issue is... do you really want to improve your Excel skills for employment purposes, personal growth, or whatever?  The speed with which you improve your skill is directly proportional to the time you are willing to invest in acquiring knowledge.There are many websites that offer tutorials and instruction, much of it for free. In the beginning, progress can be a bit slow, but as your foundation grows, so will your rate of gaining new Excel skills.  I have developed Excel applications for over 20 years, but still continue to learn new things.

• 2 months ago

A lot of using Excel is to understand what you want to do first.  If you just want a check book register, there are hundreds of templates youcan download and use easily.  If you are creating sheets for work, then you will need to know what you want from the data so that the sheet can be designed and formulated properly. Once you know that, you can then start learning the formulas you may need and how to use them.  YA is a good resource, as is Google.  

Good luck! 

• Brian
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There are lots of Free Tutorials online

• 2 months ago

You also don't know how to use Yahoo Answers, as such a matter has NOTHING to do with Politics, and should be in Computers & Internet.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.