Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 6 months ago

Seriously, what helps when you can't fall asleep?

1) What do you do if you can't get to sleep?

2) Also, what is the most boring TV show that makes you fall asleep?

I walk more during the day, so that usually puts me out. I do have a few nights a month where I just can't fall asleep. I toss, I turn, I can't get comfortable. What helps me is just letting my thoughts go wherever they want and I eventually drift off, but it's not a good sleep at all. I just deal with it, as again, I don't have as many sleepless nights as I used to, now that I started exercising more. I also don't really eat or drink anything after 7pm. 

I don't watch TV before bed, I read. I would say anything on a religion network or a movie that you've seen a million times may help you. A show that you're not 100% invested in and don't care about may help, too.

When I can't sleep, I put in my Twisted Sister CD in and it helps me to relax and I do fall asleep.  I know I know, who listen to CD's,?  If it still helps me fall asleep, I will keep listening to them.

I get off bed and go exercise.

I have to take meds usually Benadryl helps me and I have antibiotics anxiety meds too like Buspar and muscle relaxers that help

Melatonin really helps!

• k w

you should know before bed whether or not you burned up enuf cortisol to not have trouble sleeping,

some chamomile tea may help had you forgotten to get in some walking or Calisthenic, remember you have to do that before bedtime, you can't excercise then easily fall asleep...

• BJJ

Lie as close as you can to the edge of the bed and you'll soon drop off