Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 2 months ago

If the Hindu gods were so powerful, why couldn't they protect the Indian subcontinent from centuries of Muslim invasion and conquest!?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Curious you picked Muslim invasion, rather than Celtic invasion.

• 4 weeks ago

They probably got upset and decided not to help the Hindus for awhile.  Worse, sent them opposition and strife.  I guess the Hindu Gods got pretty mad at their people.  Who knows when their anger will subside?

• 1 month ago

God exists. Can't see Him...but look around yoi. The complexity of our human body, the complexity of nature, wild animals in their habitat forests..Starting with the highest intelligence of humans , followed by the lower animal species, we all struggle to survive....but only if done right. God provided us with the tools to accomplish that..But He did not free from our responsibilities. He just asks us to have faith in Him to fix ourselves &  to reset our autodestructive mode.  Humans choose to kill each other, rob each other, scam each other, push drugs unto each other, overindulge eating & drinking til their wonderful God-given human bodies break down with disease beyond repair. Sometimes it's not humans' fault, but may be due to their faulty genetics. On the other hand, did He mean to make people totally genetically perfect ?  No. Life is meant to cycle tgrough disease, then death.  Humans live...then die. We were not made to be immortal.   But God has enabled scientists to find cures.  Humans are willful, egotistical, and always wanting & maybe envying what their harder- working neighbors have. Humans have chosen to continue doing autodestructive things, despite them knowing they can learn to choose better. So...God is waiting for us to make the right calls.

God created our world magnificently. He did.   It's gotten ugly...because of us humans....and not because God is letting it be like that. He gave us the choice to have trust & faith in Him to help us move forward , to help us stop envying those people who succeed. Instead, we should all imitate those who succeed through hard work (& maybe schooling) to live more confortably & happier using all resources available ( for example, educational grants, scholarships, searches for employment, low housing finance charges for certain individuals who deserve that break, etc.) . God does expect us to think through our decisions in much better ways. But we don't. Let's fix that. Have faith. Don't limit having faith for a day or two, then revert to your usual cynical orvimpatientvselves, just because you did not get what you asked for.  Maybe itcwas not meant to be for you. There may be something better in store for you..& for us all  C'mon. Don't rely on luck only. Keep the faith in God's generosity. It's there.  You will find it. Keep working honestly , playing honestly, make best choices , .. and eventually you will be more optimistic about keeping the faith in God. 

• Prince
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The Hindoo are of millennia and the Muslims are of centuries. We were about to see the Hindoos throw off the yoke when some extremely evil men kidnapped an 8 year old Muslim girl and tortured and gang raped her for days before murdering her and, to make things worse, the Indian government upheld them and protected these murderers, distributing the evil karma all over Hind. Now we are set back once again. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • JimZ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They are strong enough apparently to save a billion plus Indians, apparently.  I'm not a believer in "gods" but Indians have done a pretty good job of protecting and fighting for what is there's IMO.  Muslims were relentless and defeated Europeans too from Greece to Portugal.  

• 2 months ago

Isn't that just the million dollar question with any religion?  

Personally I like the view of the Mennonites, who are a visible religious group in my local area.  They believe that their god answers all prayers, but sometimes the answer is no.  That's a pretty good answer to such an impossible question, if you think about it.

• 2 months ago

Because like all gods, the Hindu gods are *imaginary*.

• Kin
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

That's a very good question, I don't believe in Hindu gods and I do know they do not exist. These gods that people believe in them cannot protect people, cannot hear people, cannot see the people that visit them,  cannot harm people and cannot protect themselves. Thus, these idols are NOT God. God Himself outlines this to people exactly and makes it very clear to them that these things they've made for themselves cannot do anything whatsoever. The God Almighty Himself said if people take these idols or any other false gods especially idolatry gods for protection, these false gods cannot even protect people..its like the house webs of a spider; its the weakest house. Thus, no protection.

If you want what God has said specifically of all the things I've mentioned and believe to be, I'll post it later I hope.

• 2 months ago

The Hindu gods? You mean the Only and Ultimate only God who is Brahman? And why would God protect India from Muslim invasion? Why didn't Hindus do that? Doesn't their religion encourage courage in war?

• 2 months ago

There are no gods. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.