Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Is my mum right to be angry with me?

Yesterday, I went to a theme park with just one person (my best friend). The theme park is only accepting 25% of its regular visitors, and everyone is required to socially distance and wear a mask at all times (and this includes on all rides). Even with these measures in place, my mum thinks it’s incredibly selfish of me to go out to a theme park when thousands and thousands of people becoming infected with coronavirus every day. She accused me of putting my own life at risk, and other people’s lives at risk. Is she right to be angry with me?

To all the idiots claiming kids don't get it, kids get it. Yes, perfectly healthy kids have died from it. As someone whose made stupid decisions similar to this, I can emphathize with you. I will tell you that she does have a right, but I can understand where you're coming from.

• e9601:

She does have a right to be mad at you. What you did is beyond stupid and selfish. Don't you get that people of ALL ages are dying from it?

• Ann

Shouldn't you have checked with her to see if it was OK?

• car253

nope.   All those precautions work.   And, kids do not get the Virus.   But you still have to get her permission.   So, wrong to go without her permission.   She is just worried.   

• Robin

with this disease that is killing people every day you went behind your mums back and did whatever you wanted to now you and your friend is putting everybody at risk of getting the covid19 if by any chance you do show positive think about it was it really worth it and you die from it it is called being really selfish you and your friend should of thought about it really hard before you stepped out and did whatever you want that is the reason why dumb people die every day now go get tested >>> she has the right to be angry with you come on you have more common sense than that

• Prince

Honestly it's impossible to know. Because many people have actually died. Should you survive it, your Mum may look paranoid in retrospect. But, if you die, your Mum shall have been right. Probably she errs on the side of caution because God has made her steward of your life and she feels responsible. She gave birth to you and remembers you as her tiny baby and her sweet little child and she has managed to keep you alive so far. What seems that long ago to you because it was the beginning of your life, seems that recent to her because she was already an adult. It will break her heart should she lose you. I'm 56 and my 19 year old son drowned in 2004 so he would be 35 today. It made me sick when my 19 year old son died and it still saddens and sickens me. I'll go to my grave grieving and missing him. So it's impossible to know whether your Mum is right or whether she is wrong.

• KTJoe

Parents rule!!...And theme park restrictions are a bummer. Look forward to next year when all precautions are removed, and no more sweaty masks..okay

I don't care about you 

Right now is an incredibly stupid time to go out and be exposed to large numbers of other people.  The less people you are exposed to, the less likely you are to get sick.

If you live with your mum or anyone she cares about lives with you, then yes, she is right to be mad.

Yes, your mum is right.  She has to worry about this life and death situation (COVID-19).  Social distancing and masks are helpful but not fool proof.  If she didn't want you to go to the theme park, you should have honored her wishes.  She is only thinking of what is best for you.  COVID 19 is NOT just a "cold."  Yes, it IS airborne.  Develop some discipline, be patient, and the vaccine for coronavirus is likely to be available in a few months.  You haven't had to stand at a cemetery crying over someone's grave.  It's horrible.  You might think the lockdown is hard.  Wow, you are so lucky that you missed WW2-- the London Blitz, food shortages, death everywhere.