Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 2 months ago

Is it true the science world is divided as to whether vitamin supplements work as or nearly as well as natural vitamins?

I have been advised to take supplements and they are expensive here in UK

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Those "expensive" supplements are refined and tested.  They are pure and contain what the label says in the quantities stated on the label..  Otherwise, you are buying bulls**t in a bottle. 

• 1 month ago

Natural vitamins are not in their concentrated state.  Example instead of taking Vitamin K, eat a green apple.  Our foods are our main supplier of vitamins.  When we supplement them is when we want to receive a more concentrated amount of the substance.  So if you are advised to supplement this means to take a higher concentration of vitamins in there processed form.

• 1 month ago

Vitamins have a specific molecular structure. Your body doesn't know if a vitamin come from food or a supplement. 

• k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

organic and synthetic....you want the organic...maybe ordering from amazon would be better, but don't know...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

If we do not have the foods with the necessary Vit.s we need; then best to get them in pill form.  So our body won't be lacking in what is needed! 

Pray to GOD also. To know/learn all we do need. To find our answers. 

With GOD comes LOVE also! 

• 2 months ago

Let me say it this way: 

Naturopathy says we need to support our body because the soil is empty today to become/stay healthy.

Mafia CDC/WHO etc. claim that everything is OK and we don't need; CDC even wants vitamins to count as medicine so that they can sell it for hundreds of dollars. 

My knowledge:

We need lots...tons of minerals, vitamins and trace elements. 

• Petter
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, I have even seen studies that show that vitamin supplements can be really bad for your health.

• 2 months ago

It's the scientific consensus that vitamin supplements generally don't work, and often supply the wrong doses (too high or too low). A balanced diet is the best choice. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.