I had 3 positive pregnancy tests?

I’ve been feeling sick this whole week, I wasn’t thinking anything at the time but then I was thinking I could be pregnant. So my fiancé told me to get a test, I bought one from the dollar tree and it came out positive, so then I went to Vons and got 2 more pregnancy tests (the first responder ones) and both of those came out positive as well.  Are those actually accurate especially doing it 3 times? What are the steps that I do now? This is all new to me.  

• LizB

3 false positives would be one heck of a statistical anomaly, so chances are pretty darn good that you're actually pregnant. 

The next step depends on if you want to be pregnant or not, though since you mentioned a fiance I'm going to presume that this pregnancy was intentional and planned. If that's the case, then call your OBGYN to schedule an appointment. Some won't see you until 8-12 weeks, but some will start seeing you earlier and will offer a "dating" ultrasound early in the first trimester. Just depends on your health insurance and also the clinic you go to.

Also, if you start feeling cramps, or even see some spotting, try not to panic. Both are quite common in early pregnancy, and most of the time everything is just fine. But if it does happen DO NOT go to the ER. It's a waste of ER resources, and there's too much of a chance that you'll be misdiagnosed with "threatened miscarriage." Instead, call your clinic or the nurse line on your health insurance card, describe your symptoms, and then do what they tell you to do (which very often is "stay hydrated and try to rest"). Only go to the ER if you are seeing lots of bright red bleeding and/or experience severe pain, since either could indicate a true emergency situation.

False positives are rare.

You are pregnant, congratulations.

You can make an appointment with your OB/GYN.

If you don't already take a multivitamin, start taking a prenatal one.

False negatives are much more likely than false positives.

You are most likely pregnant.

The next step is to call your doctor and tell them that you have a positive home pregnancy test and you want to set up an appointment to confirm that positive and begin prenatal care.

Congrats and good luck.

Didn’t you take chemistry lab. You perform an experiment at least 2 times to confirm the results.  If both results come close to each other, it’s a good chance that the results are accurate. 

If you do the experiment 3 times and the results are close to each other, then there’s a great chance that the results are accurate. 

Why not go for a 4th test at the hospital. 

You’re pregnant.  

Start preparing your home for a baby. 

Make an appointment with your doctor so that everything goes smoothly. 

Get a baby crib, baby car seats, baby stroller. 

If you have a brother, try to get him to help with babysitting. 

Yes, you are definitely pregnant. Start eating healthy and quit any drugs you may be taking. Good luck!