Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Is it ok to eat a vegetable curry that has been left out overnight?

Made a cauliflower curry and forgot to put it away. It's probably been left out for about 10 hours in a covered pan. There is no meat or fish in it just cauliflower with spices tomato and coconut milk. Is it safe to eat? It's been fairly warm overnight

Never eat something you have neglected to refrigerate, unless you are willing to risk food poisoning, which can and does kill some people every year. And when in doubt, throw it out.

• denise

I'd take a 'little' taste just to see, because it contains coconut milk. 

• kswck2

I would LOVE to have a nickel for every post that starts with "I left this dish out all night, is it still safe to eat...'

If your home was warm overnight, and the lid was tightly on the pan, it may have soured. You might want to just bin that and have something else.

Ensure you heat thoroughly, preferably on the hob, boil for a minute or two, stirring frequently to ensure even heating.