Frederick asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

I work for $15/hr in Peoria Illinois.What do you think this is sufficent wage rate or not?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

That comes to about $30,000/year which puts you at the 35th percentile in Illinois in terms of earnings.   Roughly 1/3 of the people in Illinois earn less than you and 2/3 earn more.

I started my career earning less than that, but still managed to save money.

• 2 months ago

Philosophically speaking, this has NOTHING to do with Philosophy.

Go bother people in Personal Finance.

• Embery
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

That probably isn't too bad with the coronavirus, I don't know how strippers and prostitutes are making it these days.

• 2 months ago

For what you do, yes, others will take it if you want to opt out.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

That depends largely on what you are doing and how smart you are. 

• 2 months ago

That depends on exactly what you do at work, which you totally forgot to say.

If you're folding sweaters or flipping burgers for a living (and there's nothing wrong with those jobs, I've done them myself), you've got a really sweet deal going on.  If you're an electrician or a surgeon, you're being ripped off better than Caitlyn Jenner's scrotum.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes it is, especially if you don't waste it on things like cigarettes, drugs, booze, $200 sneakers, $80 jeans, $50,000+ for a new truck, etc. I survived well on a lot less than that for many years.

• 2 months ago

If it’s an unskilled position sure, that’s fair.  If you want to be paid more you have to learn a marketable, practical, useful skill.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It depends upon what the cost of living is in Peoria. It would be insufficient in the SF Bay Area in CA, with average rents for a one bedroom apt at $2445. Its only $891 in Peoria, which makes $15 a livable wage. ($2400 a month before income taxes)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.