Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 2 months ago

Todays rap is better than 90's rap?

• blank

That's ypur opinion. I respect it. Everyone has thier own opinions. Nothing wrong with that.

Hahahaha good one you are funny lol

You're entitled to your opinion. Even though there's a question mark at the end of your sentence, that is not a question.

I don't listen to much of today's rap, but as someone who grew up on 90's rap, I don't have a problem with someone make the argument that current rap being better than in the past.  From the little bit I've heard, I have to admit that their some material that is just as good, if not better, than what was coming out of the 90's.  At any time in the 90's, I think Kendrick Lamar, easily, would had been in the top 5.

I have much respect for the new cats that who are true to the artform, while pushing the bounds, and making 90's rappers who're still doing it, up their game.  However, at the risk of sounding like a hater, I gotta say, much of what is considered rap, today, I wouldn't call "rap" or "hip hop".  I define those terms as, "urban street music", and  think the sound today is more, "suburban commercial music".

It has definitely evolved into it's own species, and I think it should be called something else, like a "dog" from a "wolf".  Sorry to be that guy, but I think the "bubble gum, schoolyard, teenybopper nursey rhymes" being played in recent times, is more of what Dr. Seuss did, put on top of commercial jingles.  A lot of what people think is "hot", is what music industry execs. and radio stations tell people is "good music". 

Only because it's newer. 

• Mr.412

Some of it is better but the 90’s was more of a consistently good era. 

No, I completely disagree. The beats aren't very good nowadays, and the lyrics aren't poetic, raw, or real

Yea because of Bones and Night Lovell and Suicideboys . But 90s had Blue Scholars

I feel like the 90s were completely better than todays anything

• Bill

Is there nay difference

rap is crap and always has been