Mike asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 2 months ago

Can you stay on your parents insurance until 26?

So I just started my new job and I am 22. They offer health, vision, dental insurance, but my parents said I can stay on their health insurance until I am 26.

Can I also stay on my parents dental and vision insurance until I turn 26?

• car253

Compare the 2 insurance plans and pick the best one.    And, check the costs of the 2 plans too.

contact the insurance company..................

Comment about being a student hasn't been correct since George Bush was in office, so thanks for the old information.  Whether you can is a different question than the one you should be asking which is whether you should.  As the one responder said, it depends on the plan coverages and costs...not sure why that isn't obvious.

Not unless the insurance company or their employer wants to let you.

Because you can get insurance from your own job, your parents' insurance does not have to let you stay on it.  The rule that they must let you until age 26 applies only if you can't get insurance from your job.

• Kini

See what the cost is between your parents adding you to their policy or you paying for your own health insurance through your job. See what the annual deductible and monthly premiums are on both. Dental and vision insurance does not have a requirement to end when you are 26. You have to check with those individual insurance plans or your parents should do that.

• martin

This would depend on the insurance company.  If your parents have dental and vision also, you have to check, but probably that coverage would be good too.

You can stay on your parents as a full time student but now that you are working,  no.  You need to be a big boy now and get your own coverage.