Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

why do people spend an hour in traffic going to work every week day when most of their jobs can be done at home via internet computer?

Update:

and why the hell do they have these TALL office buildings in the downtown of most cities? are they soon to be made into apartment complexes?  I mean why a company would want to pay for offices for their employees when they can do their jobs via conference and computer internet just as well? if not better?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

The pandemic may be the great experiment that proves that many can work from home. But clearly not all jobs can be done that way. This will probably impact career choices in the future if the virus isn't contained or if the various governmental entities involved choose to keep things on lockdown in perpetuity. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why even have cities at all if people can live at home just as well? Actually why would companies pay for employees if they can get machines and/or computers to do the jobs cheaper and faster than their employees can? If not better?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because they just have too much time on their hands.

• 2 months ago

Some people like the human interaction with colleagues, and feel more productive in the workplace rather than a makeshift office set up at home.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

They are too set in their ways, just like General Motors still thinks it's the 1950s

• Leo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sometimes it takes an extreme situation to bring change to how businesses operate.  Some companies have already said that long therm they will continue to have employees work from home. I do, and I expect that to continue for the foreseeable future.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They're usually boomers who do that and also their bosses are usually boomers. Boomers always like to be stuck in the past. In the future when people like me replace the boomers then society will probably be more like that however we would probably be just as delusional as the current boomers are for some other reasons.

• 2 months ago

The rules require you to be at least age 13 to post Q&A on here.  Please come back after your 13th birthday.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

What's the deal with people posting the same question two and three times 😝

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That's by design.  Corporations prefer that you cross paths to do identical jobs!

It's best to Union proof that workforce!

What's the deal with the compliance? Decades of deaths on the highway?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.