I can't open a Word document.?

I can't open a Word document.

Also,  if I click my contacts icon, nothing happens, and the same is with the calendar and settings icons.  I have tried the help pages but when I click "reply" to answer their questions, nothing happens. It has been like this for about 1 week.  

Update:

I also can't "reply", "reply all" or "forward" any emails. if I click any of these nothing happens.

Update 2:

It seems that I can't even send an email now although I can receive them.  

What has happened to Yahoo??

Update 3:

Now I can't even delete an email!   Can someone please tell me if I was to delete my Yahoo account and start again would it help?  Also could I use the same email address if I was to start all over again?

Update 4:

For some unknown reason it all seems to be working as it should now.  I threatened to let the Computer Doctor look at it...perhaps that frightened the laptop!!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If you have an auto-updating anti-virus, sometimes it will get into a state where everything is locked until you reboot.  So.... if you reboot, everything should be happy again.

• 1 month ago

TURN YOUR COMPUTER OFF WORKS ALL THE TIME IDOIT 

• 2 months ago

Try Libre Office.

• Enigma
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lv 7
    2 months ago

what type of device?

can you just open Word without the document?

not enough info to answer...

• 2 months ago

Thank you David,  but I shut the laptop down every night and log on every morning and it is still the same. The internet is fine, it just seems to be a problem with Yahoo on this laptop.

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Initially shutdown the computer, then sign in again. Then update your post with make and model of computer and operating system if no better.

Are there any programs that do work? e.g. can you browse the internet?

• 2 months ago

what version of word on what version of windows

more detail might help get some answers

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.