Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

Are there any conservative NFL fans left?

Lots, and they will enjoy watching football. They may or may not like those protests but they will not stop watching simply because some players protest. Only a person who plays golf and is racist and who never watches football will say that he will boycott the NFL because of the protests. Sports and politics should not mix, but athletes are entitled to their own political views. Trump is mixing sports and politics. A big no no.

Very few liberals watch sports especially football. 

The sports that liberals do watch are soccer, pro wrestling and the WNBA. 

• Zapata

If not, then good riddance. 

I'm sure there are, but... I was just talking (e-mail) with a friend the other day about  hockey, baseball and the NFL. He's in about the same state of mind as myself, where, yeah, you check the scores, but you don't really care.  We are both in agreement that racism sucks, dirty cops suck, and nobody enjoys having the cops give you a hard time, but... You don't paint special messages in the end zone, you don't play hockey with rainbow sticks, or any of the other goofy things that the social justice warriors want big league sports to do. Like "demanding" the 'skins, the Braves, or Cleveland change their names. What is so offensive about the 'tribe? Its gotten ridiculous, and during the shutdown due the the Chinese flu, a lot of folks (left & right) have found out that there are a helluva lot of better things to do with their time instead of sitting in front of an idiot-box watching millionaires playing a game, all while trying to convince me that they have it so rough, but, I'm the cause and the solution to all of the worlds problems. I'm not your problem, and I'm not the solution, quit preaching to me.  I don't think the level of enthusiasm will be quite the same? So, I'll check the scores, hope my team wins, but not check the schedule, not planning weekends around the big game, not studying draft picks, etc. I think the NFL has been shooting their self in the foot every year for the past several years, and they just keep making things worse. As if rule changes, the number of games played, and all the other bull wasn't bad enough, now they want to drag politics into the game. Alright, I know...I'm rambling...but yeah, sure there always will be folks from both sides of the isle watching sports. Its a damned shame the media has to keep the people divided by any means necessary so they can remain relevant.  *peace out*

• Of course. Who else is going to buy $200 jerseys and then light them on fire when a player takes a knee or wears a Black Lives Matter shirt. 

Yes. I am. I don't care about players or owners political views. I watch for Football. Why must politics be brought into everything?

Liberals favor the NFL because that's the only league where the games can still end in a tie.

• Kathy

There probably are.

There are plenty of people who are conservatives but not easily triggered snowflakes.  

No, it is a league for the liberal only. Luckily I am a liberal and NEVER stood for the national anthem to begin with.