Teachers, are any of you thinking of/decided to quit due to the coronavirus?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Quit?  no, no .. they retire.  Only your tax dollars going into their pension.  and yes, some plainly did ... can't blame them -- in person school looks like made to order to spread CV19 to them and their family

Online article today from Yale School of Public Health says to reopen safely, a university would need to test everyone on campus every two to three days. Can't imagine a public school [where kids are even more likely to be close to each other] would need it any less often.  And since this costs an estimated 750 to 1,000 dollars per year [or is it per semester?] -- it obviously isn't going to be done in public schools.

• 2 months ago

I guess those who quit because of this are frauds who didn't love teaching and care about their students and community as much as they claimed.   

• 2 months ago

Teachers are in a very privileged category. Nurses and doctors have had to go to work to treat COVID patients. Grocery store workers, meat plant workers, fast food workers- all have been required to go to work regardless of the risk. Across the country, in many school districts, teachers have protested going back to work, and many school systems have decided to go online this fall, despite the harm to the students. Teachers are still collecting paychecks rather than having to choose between going to work and starving to death. 

• 2 months ago

I know a couple seriously considering retiring early, but they haven't pulled the trigger yet.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I know three teachers who are retiring earlier than they'd planned. To all three, it's not worth the risk to teach in person when COVID is not under control. Two live with someone who is medically at increased risk.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

My friend is retiring.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.