Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

Why wont Windows XP install my poker programs?

I have an old Dell computer that I only use for playing online poker but now I can't update or install any of these programs. For example, the PartyPoker installer just sits at 0%.

I have been able to install Avast with no problem. Could it be something that's affecting programs that require the website to install?

I've also noticed these download files are downloading unusually fast but seem to be the correct size.

I've tried System Restore and disabling Avast with no luck.

I have no CD to reinstall Windows XP if some files are corrupted.

@Jiraiya   Party Pokers website says that its compatible with Windows XP

• Adrian

A lot of games require Internet access (of course). If they use a browser to connect, then it may be your browser that is causing an issue. Network security has changed a lot since XP days, and many older apps cannot connect properly to web servers due to changes in things like SSL certificates and other security issues.

Make sure you have the latest XP service packs installed (SP3):

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.as...

If you use Firefox to download things, check the properties of the .EXE files as Firefox may "block" them by flagging the .EXE file, meaning they won't run. (It does so for Vista and Win7, not sure about XP)

• Lv 7

XP is BEYOND outdated. you should not be using it for anything but retro gaming.

newer games won't work on it.

• Ron75

Some things and sites will no longer work or won't work correctly with XP as it is old and hasn't had any updates for a long time. I still use it but mainly just for home record keeping as I like it more than any of the new systems. I use Windows 7 Pro for my online work.

Ron

It's a sign to stop gambling.

Best thing to do would be to install Windows 7 or 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/... software might not be compatible with XP