Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

If an impatient driver tailgates u close, do u speed up or slow down?

• G R

Slow down totally

Neither. As a driver it’s my responsibility to drive as safely as possible. Not too fast, not so slow that I hold up traffic. I try to drive as if there’s  a pregnant woman in the back seat, holding a tray of eggs. 

Driving a vehicle with the power to kill or maim others should not be affected by ego or anger. If someone rear ends my car they’ll do more damage to the front of theirs than the back of mine.If someone wanting to speed is temporarily slowed up behind me, forced to stay at the speed limit, that’s one stretch of road I’ve made a bit safer for the people around me.

• susan

If there is room for them to pass, I take my foot off the gas and slow down that way. I prefer them to lose patience and go around me sooner. 

• Prince

Slow down because wrecks are more dangerous the faster you are going. Diana was killed by their hounding her to run. 

Neither. I maintain the same speed unless the limit changes. A part of me wants to slow down just to piss them off, but fortunately my rational side stops me from instigating a potential road rage. If it's safe to do so, sometimes I'll move over to the shoulder and let them pass. I'd rather have an impatient asshole in front of me.

If I can let them overtake safely, I do so. If not, I tap my brakes just enough to show them I'm braking, but not enough so that they might rear-end my car. I keep doing that till I get to a place where I can pull over enough to let them get by.

I NEVER speed up in that situation. That's just asking for trouble.

Usually neither, but if I feel the driver behind me is acting crazy, I will pull over to let them pass.   I'd rather have a jackass in front of me than behind me. 

I've never had that problem slowpoke.

stay focused on the speed limit and the road ahead

• TB12

I go slower and slower until they finally pass,, most seem to appreciate it as they usually give by the single finger "thank you" wave as they pass.

If I'm in the fast lane, I move over and let them by. 

If not and they can easily go around but won't? 

I SLAM MY BRAKE PEDAL to the FLOOR!