can I open a hand made gift shop?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Jay
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Yes.  But first get a basic Shop Business Plan from the Fiverr site.

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You'd need to find premises, a customer base, finance to cover stock and equipment [cash register, supplier, retail license, counter, shelves e.t.c.]. 

• 2 months ago

Yes.  But it would be easier on you if you just rent a place and concentrate on making the gifts by hand.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Can you?   Yes.

But I can't imagine a brick and mortar store succeeding unless you are in a niche market such as a tourist destination.

You might want to dabble on a site like Etsy and see if there is a market for your things.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You can do that, but first you should figure out how much you have to sell just to break even. Add up the cost of rent, wages, inventory and all overhead costs. 

Then figure out how much you have to sell each week just to pay that. 

Then figure out how many people walk past that area and how many go into shops around there and how much they sell. You can spend time in other gift shops pretending to browse while you watch what people are spending.

Then I bet you will see it is not possible these days to sell enough to break even. 

You will do better selling products online probably. 

Maybe you can make it with a retail outlet, but at least work out the numbers before you start. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sure. But chances are you would lose money.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.