Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

I said to my best friend that i like a guy and she told me ina rude way that i am too ugly for him...why?

She is suppose to be my best friend

Even if she thought that i am ugly she wouldnt say that to me

Wtf???

She is also very obssessed with my appereance and i had notice other times that she tries to convince me that i am ugly

She sounds toxic and jealous. She is toxic and probably envies you, she is not a "best friend" dump her. True friends don't try to bring you down, they build you up, she wants to break you down.

i doubt youre ugly - that sounds like she's actually jealous of how you look and has insecurities. that is not how someone talks to an average looking person - and she is not a best friend! youre very cute im sure.

Y'all are probably young, right?

It's easier when you're young to go find other people to hang out with who don't do that.

I'd stop hanging out with her, even if I thought she was right.

She's not your friend, she's an insecure ***** who wants to put you down to make herself feel better. Anyone who is looking out for your best interests would not try to convince you that you are ugly and try to cause you self esteem issues. Even if they do think you're ugly, a friend should have your best interests in mind instead of trying to hurt you.

She is most likely jealous. Don’t believe her and go for the guy you like. If she really is your best friend, she wouldn’t degrade you and prevent you from getting a boyfriend. If she’s obsessed with your appearance, it’s more likely that she is jealous, not that she thinks you’re ugly. Lose this friend and find someone better.