Are Instacart customers notified what they replaced item is? ?

For example. I replaced Orville popcorn with Pop secret popcorn. The customer messaged me saying to please let him know what I replaced the item with. I asked him if he was notified when I replaced an item and he said he doesn’t get notified. Was that just for this particular customer or does that happen with everyone? Do I need to message the customer what the replaced item is every time there is a replacement?

• ?

Usually there's an option to sub an item or not, on the customers side. They can see any changes / subs if they allow then on the website. 

If they have allowed notifications for any thing on the app / website then they should automatically be notified of any subs that have been made. You shouldn't have to notify every customer that has made subs, or that you've had made subs for. 

• Judy

I always have been.  I can see it on the website pretty much immediately It's after the fact, but no big deal.  The customer can also say on the order for any item 'do not substitute'.