Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Can you really get into serious trouble for threatening to cut off your ankle monitor and run away?

So I saw my therapist today and I told her something that got her upset. I told her that I have legal problems and that if they slap me with an ankle monitor then I'm going to cut it off and go see my friend whenever he comes to a city near me. She got upset and said that I have two options. She said "you have two choices, either go see your friend and then go to jail or stay at home and follow court orders and then get your case resolved in a matter in your best interest". She said that she is technically required to report me but says that she is cutting me some slack. She said "Go home and think it over and ask yourself if this is what you want with your life". She told me that I could get into serious trouble if the wrong person heard this and report me. Can you really get into trouble for saying these things ? I was just mad and was ranting and didn't really had any intentions of doing this yet.

Yes you can big time

Yes

Post in "law and Ethics" , not here please.

• .

Not so much for threatening, but yes for doing.

.

Your question belongs in Politics & Government>Law & Ethics as it's currently in Yahoo Products>Yahoo Answers and not applicable to this subcategory (and thus decreases your chances of getting many useful answers).

Moving your question can be done by clicking Edit (pencil icon for mobile)>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category that's appropriate for the topic.

Yes, you will go straight to jail when they catch you.

• LAN

Try it and be sure to get back to us and tell us if you do get in trouble.

Post a pic of some court documents so I can review and explain to you.

Yes, you could get into trouble for saying it. From the sound of it, your therapist thinks you ARE the sort of person who would actually do what you say, and not immediately believe "I was just ranting." What would you have an ankle monitor for, anyhow? If you're thinking of murder or robbery, the therapist would be right to report you, as a potential danger to the public.

if this is really you Kenneth, prove it...post another ring video from your house, even if its just the mailman.

1st of all, if you cut an ankle monitor off, it alerts the authorities.....