Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

My mom is making me go live with my dad but won't let me take my stuff?

My mom has sole custody. We've been getting into a lot of fights and something big happened this weekend and we just can't seem to reconcile our differences. We have BOTH agreed that I am going to go live with my dad. However, she has decided that she won't give him custody? She said before that she will but now she won't and it truly seems like she is just being petty and vindictive. However, the main issue is that she won't let me take anything. She has already taken my phone and cancelled my phone line (I'm typing this on my laptop) and she said that she will drive me to his house tomorrow and but I'm leaving in the clothes I'm wearing and nothing else. I'm 16 and I was wondering if there's anything I can do? I know she's not letting me take my stuff because she's mad and even though she said she wants to be done with me for good she's still not giving custody and not letting me take my things even though it would make the whole thing go much smoother. I want to take all my clothes and a couple of personal items but she won't let me. I'm hesitant about calling the police because I don't want to cause more issues. DCFS is already involved with the events that happened this weekend (99.9% sure she's not going to get indicated nor do I want her to but I just don't want to involve the cops unless I absolutely have to). What do I do?

talk to your dad about it, maybe he can help you with that

• Tj

Your dad needs to fie with the courts for 100% custody. You have DCFS involved so it may help your cause. take to dad.