Is it illegal for a celebrity to fake a break in for publicity?
so many celebrities get broken into and get a spot where they talk about some expensive glamorous thing being stolen, meanwhile everything else they do is publicity, if it was a stunt isnit legal? More importantly, can you say the police were involved if they weren't?
- Fried KittenLv 72 months agoFavourite answer
Telling a lie is not illegal if:
1) The lie does harm to nobody;
2) It is not proclaimed on an official form such as a State Application Form or an Insurance Claim or a contract.
You can say the police were involved and you will not get into trouble if the police dept suffers no harm such as a large amount of undue inquiries that tie up their resources and gives them a reason to complain.
If you falsely claim that a particular officer was involved while he was not than he may have grounds to sue you for defamation.
- SlickterpLv 72 months ago
No law says you cannot lie about a break in.
- David SLv 72 months ago
They can tell the media anything, but making false police reports is illegal. Lying to the media for attention could result in a police investigation of the alleged crime, too.
- Anonymous2 months ago
Yes, as celebrities are just not immune from the law whatsoever.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- RickLv 72 months ago
that would be filing a false police report and it's illegal for EVERYBODY ....