IIIII
IIIII asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 5 months ago

Why would a woman keep getting into stupid arguments with me?

I have a friend I recently been hanging out with that suddenly gets into a passion, and starts ranting about stuff I don’t care about, and trys making it into a fight. With politics and very trivial things like shoes. And sometimes in her eyes she is mad with rage towards me. She is harmless but am worried I’m doing something wrong to cause this, or is this normal. I’m now uncomfortable around her and am trying to avoid 

• Liz

All people foolishly tend to exalt themselves on occasion. They may make undue demands upon others or perhaps say or do something insulting. At such times a person should “put the hand to the mouth,” restraining any additional words or actions that would provoke further the one who has become offended. Just as butter requires churning and a nosebleed usually the squeezing or striking of the nose, a full-fledged quarrel happens only when people give free rein to angry feelings and keep on inciting one another to rage.

(Proverbs 17:14) Beginning a fight is like opening a floodgate; Before the quarrel breaks out, take your leave.