Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Why are americans so selfish?

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

People there are told they're special and that they're number one. People feel entitled to doing whatever they want and any attempt to change that in an emergency drives them nuts. They feel belittled and weak. Their egos are very easily threatened. Everyone also thinks they are enlightened and know more than everybody else. There's a very heightened sense of self-importance in America. It causes a reckless disregard for others combined with a hypocritical self-righteousness. Also I'm pretty sure the picture on the right isn't America.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

it is their capitalist culture

They don't even have a verb for "not minding that someone else has/gets something"

[dutch: gunnen, german:gönnen]

• yodi
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

conservative greed and avarice

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

In comparison with citizens any other first world country, Americans are selfish, poorly educated and downright rude. They don’t want other people to get benefits even though denying benefits to others might hurt themselves. Their opposition to universal health care really baffles me...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It's part of the American way of life. Do what you want, and to hell with everyone else. Look after #1

Visiting America was fun, but it made me appreciate how nice the people at home are. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Virtue Signaling works best when we know who you are...

Source(s): See....Smegma knows how to say "Look at Me"...
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.