Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

What is your opinion on straight men who outright reject relationships altogether?

They won't ask a woman out. Every time a woman asks them out, they automatically reject. And they reject/condemn/hate homosexuality.

They don't want to be with anybody, and they shun everybody and prefer to be a loner.

Is this normal? Is it normal for a 35 year old straight man to be terrified of being in a relationship, but is not happy being single either (but just turning into a grumpy old man)?

I'm a straight man, and this question is about me.

I'm not a sodomite/homosexual, so don't even suggest anything like that.

@David B. That's why I have always rejected every opportunity to be in any kind of relationship. Ever since my older brother scared me off from dating (when I was 12), I have been paralyzed by fear. Even though I'm only interested in women, I'm socially awkward. I don't get out much. And I don't interact much with other people. I also used to also get bullied all through school, because my other brother (the oldest one) was born autistic.

If I didn't have medical conditions early in life (kidney disease, asthma, going through dialysis, and a kidney transplant), I would likely have gone completely off the grid, learn to hunt for food, and be a reclusive hermit. I would have hated it because of loneliness. At the same time, I equally hate being around people - because they constantly tick me off.

How did you go from a man rejecting women to them being " terrified of being in a relationship"? In my experience, most men that have taken to rejecting women outright are merely avoiding being hurt again. That isn't necessarily motivated by fear, just self-preservation. It is their right to do so, isn't it? As far as "normal" goes, I don't even know what that is anymore with the way the world is going these days.