Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Can I please go outside?

Ok. Weird question.

My parents were always protective of me, because I am the youngest child and also happen to be female. My two older brothers are very tall and large, whereas I look much smaller and weaker compared to them. I am 16 years old and 170 cm tall, which is not a small height, but go figures.

My family moved to a new place about 5 months ago and my parents have refused to let me step outside on my own for those very long months. I have not been able to go outside by myself, whether that be to buy personal things at the supermarket 1 minute away or to exercise, for some unknown reason which I assume is related to my safety. I have no idea why they are overreacting because there are literally children, from preschoolers to elementary school kids, who play outside on their own and roam around. Girls my age walk around on their own. There isn't anything wrong with the neighborhood as I can see it.

And this isn't a problem of COVID either, because the city where I am staying (in Asia) has had less than 10 cases in total.

My brother are allowed to come and go as they please, while I have to stay cooped up in my room because I need someone to "supervise" me to go outside and no one ever think my needs are any important to move them. I am not feeling very well physically and mentally because I would like some breathing space on my own.

Can I please go outside? Am I the one who's overreacting? What should I do?

I'd like some opinion on this please.

maybe you should talk to cps about it

• Tj

Go out with your brothers, family.